Benefits of Having A Car Service
Optimise Car Performance
Save Fuel Use
Extend Engine Life
Servicing Your vehicle
A regular service of your car can help prevent inconvenient malfunctions or mechanical problems that could cause a breakdown or lead to more costly repairs if issues are left unchecked. At a basic level changing the oil and air filters is essential, but is not sufficient when there is much more to look after.
Popular Service Packages
For a New Car After 5000 Km
- Oil And Filter Changes
- Checking Lights, Tyres, Exhaust And Operation Of Brakes And Steering
- Check Hydraulic Fluid And Coolant Levels
- All Checks Dependant On Your Car Model And Manufacturers Specifications
- Engine Oil And Filters
- Electronics, Lights Interior And Exterior
- All Moving Parts, Battery, Coolant, Brake Fluids And Tyres
- Windscreen Washer Fluids
- Suspension And Steering
Quick and Affordable
- Engine Oil Change And Filter Replacement
- Lights, Tyres, Exhaust And Operation Of Brakes And Steering
- Hydraulic Fluid And Coolant Levels Check
- Cooling System (From Radiators And Car Pumps And Hoses
- Car Battery Test
Quick and Affordable
One of the single most important preventative maintenance services you can have on your vehicle is a regular Filter and Oil Change Service. Lack an oil change can be costly and lead to expensive engine repairs.
Oil And Filter Change Service Includes:
- Draining out the old oil
- Adding correct levels of new oil
- Replacing the old oil filter
- Checking the levels of other fluids
Signs You Car Needs An Oil Change
- Excess vehicle exhaust
- Falling oil level
- Increased Engine Nosie
- Shaking While Idling
- Using More Oil Than Usual
Brake Service And Inspection Includes
- Complete Brakes Testing
- Check Brake/ Hydraulic Fluid Level And Condition
- All Breakpads Checked
- Environmentally Friendly Chemicals
- Preventative Maintenance For Improved Safety
Engine service helps keep your engine running smoother for longer, helps extend the life of the engine and is better for the environment.
- Spark Plugs Replacement
- Spark Plug Wire Inspection
- Air And Fuel Filter Replacement
- Digital Engine Reporting
OGS CAR SERVICING TIPS
Identifying issues early on has many benefits including saving your life and keeping the car performing optimally, which makes car maintenance an important task to be followed regularly.
According to a widespread opinion, changing the oil and air filters is all that is needed to ensure the proper functioning of the car and keep the engine optimal condition.
Prevention, as we know, is the best weapon and the logic of these planned interventions is precisely to act even before malfunctions or mechanical problems of any kind occur. A maintenance schedule is usually set by the manufacturer of each make, and mostly cover the fluids related to the engine. But, there is much more to look after, such as:
- check brakes
- check battery and lights
- check and replace the glow or spark plugs if needed
- check the condition of the tyres, tyre rotation, tyre pressure
- check steering and suspensions
- check the belts
- re-gas air-con
- replace oil filter, air filter, (when existing fuel filter)
- leaks whether engine oil, transmission oil or coolant.
Many expensive car repair bills can be avoided, by only having the vehicle regularly serviced?
It is proven that many of the issues are being discovered and taken care of during such a visit, which if left unattended, can lead to other components getting damaged, therefore increasing the chances of having to deal with higher repair bills.
The frequency of such routine visits is not a one size fits all approach and is highly impacted by the type of roads driven on, environment – whether is a dusty one or clean, climate and type of driving, age of the vehicle.
- Servicing the battery regularly can help you prevent the possibility of not being able to start the vehicle even after replacing the battery. Take for example Nissan Micra 2002-2010. If you own this vehicle, when the battery goes flat and you attempt to start the car, the IMM(immobiliser module) and ECU(engine control module) will de-synchronise. For this particular model, the re-synchronisation has to occur in a garage, as the job is more comprehensive and requires more sophisticated equipment and time. Read more about the importance of servicing the battery.
- Another important aspect of why a regular maintenance schedule needs to become a routine is because it can save the engine and or the transmission should there be any oil or coolant leaks that would go unnoticed, or it can increase the lifespan of the engine and the transmission. Oil or coolant leaks, besides that, are not environmentally friendly, it can also lead to the engine and or the transmission running dry at some point which may require a complete engine and transmission rebuild or replacement. Nonetheless, a much higher repair cost.
- ADAS or otherwise called Advanced Driver Assist Systems. This definitely is one overlooked part of the vehicle that is not talked about enough as this also requires attention. More about ADAS and the importance of recalibration, you can read on the ADAS Services page.