Over the years, van theft has increased drastically, leaving owners wondering how they can best protect their vans and equipment.
Vans are prime targets for criminals looking to make a quick profit because they often house valuable tools, machinery, equipment, and documents, with the average vehicle storing between £2,500-£5,000 worth of goods. Recent statistics reveal a continuing rise in van theft, with an estimated 20,000 vans being stolen annually by 2030.
Every van has its vulnerabilities that criminals can take advantage of to gain access and steal its contents. Unfortunately, the security devices installed on vans by manufacturers are often insufficient to protect them adequately.
OGS Mechanics and Car Keys Solutions, our Auto Locksmith Division, provide customised solutions designed for each van make and model to strengthen the van’s weak points. Our solutions are tailored to the individual needs of each customer. With our experience, we can help you ensure your van meets the highest safety standards.
VAN SECURITY SOLUTIONS
Overall, it’s important to take steps to protect your van from theft, especially if it contains valuable equipment. Investing in high-quality van security technology can help deter potential thieves and can give you peace of mind, helping prevent the stress and expense of theft.
When selecting a security system for a van, several factors, such as its type, intended use and desired level of protection, must be taken into consideration. Generally speaking, systems with multiple layers of protection are the most reliable options.
Here are some security measures that can be combined for comprehensive van security:
– Mechanical Locks: Van locks are all effective types of mechanical locks that can be utilized on van doors.
– Ghost immobiliser: Installing the Autowatch Ghost immobiliser is a clever mode to protect your van against van’s theft;
– Alarms: An alarm system can provide an audible alert if someone attempts to break into your van. Some alarm systems are programmed to send alerts directly to a mobile device or monitoring service if activated.
– GPS Tracking: GPS tracking devices can assist in locating a stolen van, making it easier to recover quickly.
– Security cameras: Installing cameras on your van is a great way to monitor for suspicious activity and provide valuable evidence in case of theft.
– Security Cages: Installing a security cage inside the van can create an invisible barrier between the cargo area and the front of the vehicle, making it more difficult for thieves to access its contents.
By combining multiple layers of security on your van, you can create a comprehensive protection system that is more difficult for thieves to breach. It’s also essential to take common-sense measures like parking in well-lit areas, keeping valuables out of sight, and being alert for suspicious activity.
If you have any questions about van security or if there’s anything else we can help you with, feel free to contact us.